CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter - Our weekend

We had a very busy and eventful Easter weekend. On Thursday, Jackson and Connor, our Godchildren, came down from Nashville to spend Easter weekend with us. We always have fun with them we they are in town. Cooper loves to play with them and he thinks that he is as big as they are!! Also that night, my mom bought Cooper a special Easter present and she brought it over. His special gift was a REAL BABY DUCK! Cooper did not know what to think of it, but the twins absolutely LOVED it! On Friday morning we headed down to the Discovery Museum to let the boys play and Cooper went to his Playgym class. We had a fairly calm evening and just enjoyed hanging out with Grandma(Bev) that evening. On Saturday we went to Playworld Down Under. It is a huge indoor playground. They all had a great time, but I noticed that Cooper was acting really tired and his left eye was red and swollen. I thought that he was having a reaction to the duck, which is now gone. I called the doctor and they said give him Benedryl. I gave him some and laid him down for his nap. When he woke up, his eye was almost swollen shut and Chris and I had to pry it open. I called the doctor again and they asked me a bunch of questions and told us that we needed to get him to the T.C. Thompson's ER ASAP! I was freaking out b/c by now his eye was opening, but green junk was coming out of his eye. The lady told us to get him there within 3 hours b/c this particular infection could affect his vision. So we got there and it was a bad viral infection in his eye, but they put him on some medicine and told us to go our doctor on Monday morning. He was going to be ok!!!! By this time I was completely worn out so we went over to my dad's for dinner and to dye Easter eggs. Thanksfully the rest of our night was calm and enjoyable!! We dyed eggs and had lots of fun hanging out with Papaw (K-dog). Of course Sunday was Easter but I keep Cooper home from church just to make sure he was ok and not contagious. He seemed to be fine so we ate lunch and headed to our family Easter egg hunt! Wow, I know that this is a long blog, but I just wanted everyone to know how crazy, but fun weekend we had!!!
Connor, Chris, Cooper and Jackson dying Easter eggs!!
What a cute bunch of guys!!

Daddy helping Cooper with his egg!

This is the baby duck that my mom "Nana" got Cooper for Easter. It was very cute, but Chris was allergic to it, so we had to take it back. I was very thankful we could take it back, b/c on Thurdsay night, that duck quacked all night and Maggie our dog tried to eat it more than once. On a funny note, Cooper has a motorized train that the duck would follow around the track qaucking. I guess he thought it was following it's mother like all ducks do. He also followed Cooper around the house and Cooper did not like this at all. He would run away from it saying, "No No Quack Quack!!!" It was very funny!!


Cooper was not crazy about the duck, but we convienced him to hold it for just a minute so that I could take a picture!


Well that about wraps up our weekend. I hope that you all had a wonderful Easter with your families! Have a great week!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey Jennifer! I am glad you guys have a blog too! Isn't it fun! You are such a cute little pregnant person and Cooper is such a cutie! I LOVE that duck! I used to have a pet duck when I was younger, but a dog ate it...so maybe it is a good idea you guys took it back! Glad you guys are doing so well!

The Hadfields said...

Okay first of all, Jackson and Conner are HUGE!! How cute are they? Second, That duck is the cutest thing I have ever seen!! And third, your little man is going to be a heart breaker!! He is getting cuter by the day! I'll be in town Wed so let's plan to get toegether.

The Hadfields said...

How many times can I say cute?

The Stone's said...

Wow, what a weekend. Seems like some are just like that...just crazy. Not to paint a gloomy picture, but wait til you have another baby in the mix! Talk about worn out! We have alot of those weekends, but it just makes us appreciate the calm ones!! I love Cooper's smile in the school party pics-those are classic!